Accounting – Perm
Job Title:Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Job Location:Toronto, ON
Job Type:Accounting – Perm
Salary range:130 - 150K
Job posting date:July 15, 2017
Job DescriptionOur prestigious Canadian multinational client is looking for a technically sound hands-on accounting professional for a newly created role that owns the financial reporting and accounting functions for a new and fast-growing business unit.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting will own the public company reporting requirements for an exciting holding company which includes but is not limited to: preparing the consolidated financial statements; overseeing the day-to-day accounting; assisting with the valuation of private investments; preparing technical accounting papers (e.g. IFRS 13, IFRS 7, IAS 28, IFRS 3, and IFRS 12); overseeing the company’s internal controls over financial reporting and compliance within NI 52-109; quarterly reporting to the Board and/or Audit Committee as well as ad hoc requests; and other special projects as requested.
Requirements• Undergraduate University degree in business or accounting
• Big Four Audit Firm experience, and CPA, CA designation (CGA or CMA will be considered)
• CFA or enrollment in the CFA is a strong asset
• Seven-plus years progressive experience within investment reporting
• Sound technical experience with IFRS 13, IFRS 7, IAS 28, IFRS 3, and IFRS 12
• Knowledge of public issuer reporting is also considered an asset
• Excellent attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to work well in a corporate environment, a team player who enjoys helping others
• Strong communication skills (both verbal & written) with an emphasis on report writing
• Strong organization skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize competing deadlines
How to apply
To express your interest in this role, simply apply by submitting your resume. Alternatively, you can email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Carmela Tersigni and quoting job 23321.
If you are already registered with The Mason Group, please contact your recruiting consultant directly.