Based in North York, our client is well established in the industry and looking for a bookkeeper to assist them with the general accounting an real estate d other business related activities for a 3 month contract.
As the Bookkeeper, you’ll handle all bookkeeping, deal with processing new condo purchase and sale agreements and contact purchasers prior to moving into their condo to arrange inspection appointments.
Most of your time will be spent doing the required bookkeeping where you will process accounts payable, cash receipts, HST returns, prepaids, accruals, and manage general banking while ensuring all accounting is reported accurately and on time.
- Experience using any accounting software (Newstar experience an asset)
- Construction experience and/or education is an asset, but not required
- Self-starter – you take initiative to get things done, and work independently to achieve your goals. You don’t wait for instruction, you simply do what needs to be done. When you see an opportunity for improvement, or an opportunity to learn, you follow through.
- Strong communicator – you have highly effective speaking and writing skills, and always deliver your message clearly.
- Multi-tasking pro – you juggle competing priorities and demands with ease using your superb organization and prioritization skills.
- Problem solver – you think critically to make the best decisions, and trust your judgement and expertise. You feel comfortable making important decisions independently & knowing when to consult with others.
- Strong computer literacy with intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)