Controller – Sea to Sky! Anything but boring!
Are you tired of the downtown rat race? Do love the idea of working for a growing private business with a casual office located in a fabulous outdoor setting? In this role you will definitely be embraced as a valuable member of the business and be able to see the effect of your efforts. If you are passionate about an active outdoor lifestyle, this location has it all! Hiking, skiing, mountain biking, windsurfing, fishing, & golf, all within a safe & healthy community just a short drive from Vancouver.
Our client has provided us with an exclusive opportunity to find their next Controller. As CPA’s this is one of those roles we love to work on. As the commercial suggests, this role is anything but boring!
Established, stable and successful, our client is looking for a seasoned CPA to help guide them financially, learn all about their businesses, and be an active member of the management team. Leading a small team, you will report on and analyze the results, but more importantly contribute to the costing decisions through financial modelling, enhance systems and processes through the use of technology, and get involved in acquisition and growth activities.
- A Canadian CPA (CA,CGA,CMA) with 8+ years of post-designation experience with a preference for more! (more is better!)
- 5+ years of relevant full cycle experience in a small growing company in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Experienced as a Controller in a diversified multi-company environment setting, or as an Assistant Controller ready for that next step.
- A strong preference for manufacturing experience, including job costing.
- Advanced level financial modelling skills using Excel.
- A tax whiz to help structure the companies and transactions appropriately.
- A self-starter who is thrives on change and ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys working with both numbers and people!
- A driving desire to find a great long term fit and become part of this team.
- Happy, humble, hard-working, helpful, high-caliber, humorous and above all, human!
This truly is a rare opportunity to join a well established and highly regarded company and work with a passionate group of people who are very successful and determined to find the right fit for their culture.