As a fast-growing national retail franchise business, we are looking for a technically sound CPA who is keen on a dynamic and entrepreneurial role. As an inherently strong leader, you would report directly to the Founder and CEO, owning all finance and accounting. Bringing the finance and accounting function in-house, the Controller has the runway to create his or her own function from the group up. This newly created role will be hands-on, dynamic, and exciting! As a proven self-starter this Controller opportunity includes: monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and accounting; tax planning and compliance; other compliance activities; financial planning, budgeting and analysis; KPIs; investor relations; regularly liaising with key leaders and Franchise Owners; operations; special projects; and more!
In a fast-growing energetic environment, we need a hard-working CPA professional with strong drive and attention to detail. A self-starter with exceptional organization, maturity, resilience, passion and work ethic.
A QuickBooks Wizard, with advanced Microsoft Excel and the ability to learn other systems quickly.
This opportunity will work out of Midtown Toronto!
- University degree in Finance/Accounting
- Fully qualified CPA with three to five-plus years’ experience at an accounting firm and/or industry
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; superior Emotional Intelligence; and the ability to communicate effectively with throughout the organization to employees and leaders
- Experience with QuickBooks and hands-on full cycle accounting and financial reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Comfort and experience with corporate taxes
- An engaged interest in this specific enterprising retail business
- Experience with retail and/or franchise accounting at an accounting firm or in industry is a strong asset
- Superior attention to detail and organization skills
- A work-hard play-hard approach to life and work, with an energized passion for business and beauty!
- Competitive salary, benefits, and the career-making opportunity to participate in the growth of a unique and high-powered Canadian company!