110 - 130K
We are looking for a CPA, CA with some entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and competitive drive for a fantastic newly created in-house opportunity with a dynamic and exciting real estate start-up.
Reporting directly to the Partners, this Controller role will own the responsibility for building and managing the overall financial operations of the business. Primary areas of responsibility include: financial planning; treasury management; financial reporting; managing a team, and more!
As a newly created in-house role, this Controller position offers the opportunity to implement, build and lead accounting and control operations, as well as processes and procedures from the ground up!
With a lean and growing team, the Controller will also help with key operational tasks that will help to push the business forward. We are looking for a CPA, CA with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience who is thoughtful, diligent and has very strong attention to detail.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- CPA, CA designation is required
- Minimum 10 Years of relevant industry work experience in all aspects of real estate accounting: property, construction, audit, corporate
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices with preference given to those with expertise in Canadian GAAP & IFRS
- Experience working in finance/accounting with small-to-medium sized businesses
- Impressive attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and emphasis on high quality work product
- A self-starter who enjoys working autonomously, as well as in a team environment
- Proficiency with Yardi and/ or QuickBooks, and other industry software
- Hard-working, positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit is crucial
How to apply
To express your interest in this role, you can apply by clicking the "apply now" button located at the top and at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can email your resume to email@example.com, attention: Katherine Marr and quoting job 25641. If you are already registered with The Mason Group, please contact your recruiting consultant directly.APPLY NOW