110 - 130K
We are looking for a CPA, CA with some entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and competitive drive for a fantastic newly created in-house opportunity with a dynamic and exciting real estate start-up.
Reporting directly to the Partners, this Controller role will own the responsibility for building and managing the overall financial operations of the business. Primary areas of responsibility include: financial planning; treasury management; financial reporting; managing a team, and more!
As a newly created in-house role, this Controller position offers the opportunity to implement, build and lead accounting and control operations, as well as processes and procedures from the ground up!
With a lean and growing team, the Controller will also help with key operational tasks that will help to push the business forward. We are looking for a CPA, CA with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience who is thoughtful, diligent and has very strong attention to detail.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- CPA, CA designation is required
- Minimum 10 Years of relevant industry work experience in all aspects of real estate accounting: property, construction, audit, corporate
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices with preference given to those with expertise in Canadian GAAP & IFRS
- Experience working in finance/accounting with small-to-medium sized businesses
- Impressive attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and emphasis on high quality work product
- A self-starter who enjoys working autonomously, as well as in a team environment
- Proficiency with Yardi and/ or QuickBooks, and other industry software
- Hard-working, positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit is crucial