Job location: Toronto
Job type: Accounting – Contract
Salary range: 70 - 90K
Job posting date: January 4, 2019
Our client star-up organization is looking for a designated (preferred) for a 3-month contract. The Corporate Accountant would be responsible for:
- Assisting with year-end preparation including balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, updating accruals, prepayment schedules
- Assisting with building audit files for year-end audit including gathering supporting documentation across all group entities
- Assisting with Intercompany reconciliations
- Working with ERP system to run reports, post journal entries etc.
- Project based work – such as assisting with preparation of accounting memos, building checklists and standardized templates for finance team to implement.
- Identify improvements in procedures and processes
- CPA Designation would be preferred but no required
- Independent, self-starter, and also works well in a team based environment.
- Experience with an ERP system such as SAP is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and pays close attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen