Director, Finance & Administration – ‘Hope is not a strategy’ 😊
(Yes this role is in Vancouver. We thought you might be tired of the cold and snow and consider a move.)
Our highly collegial downtown Vancouver client is looking for a unique Strategic Financial Professional to join their service-based firm as a Director, Finance & Administration. Are you a CPA currently operating at a senior level with a passion beyond numbers? Our client is looking for an experienced leader to take responsibility for the running of their evolving business and help develop and drive a leading-edge vision for their future.
Reporting to the Managing Partner you will be responsible for leading a diverse group of professionals each responsible for various corporate departments. You are a natural leader who is passionate about supporting people within a highly collegial environment. You thrive on developing people to their fullest potential and are confident and excited to be responsible for challenging the status quo and developing strategy for the evolution of their business.
The scope of your responsibilities will include a 40,000-foot oversight of Finance, IT, Marketing and Human Resources. You will also get involved in sponsoring significant projects including succession planning, systems conversions, business development, office renovations as well as other impactful projects you identify along the way.
- Experience in a mid-size professional services, time and billing environment is essential. Legal, Accounting, Engineering etc.
- A Canadian CPA designation (CA, CGA, CMA) or foreign equivalent
- 20+ years of progressive experience including a minimum of 5 years in a senior level leadership role
- A strategic leader with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in long term planning
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Exception leadership and development skills
- A solid understanding of IT and the benefits it can provide
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics, and professionalism