Are you looking for a Director role in a global organization? Are you well versed in all areas of accounting and control?
Our CPG client in the Mississauga area is recruiting for a dynamic leader to be their Director of Accounting and Compliance. In this role you will provide leadership and technical oversight for the general accounting, corporate reporting and internal controls for the company. This critical role is responsible for all tax and policy related matters as well as ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting. Key responsibilities include monitoring and managing the internal control environment including risk remediation, testing of controls and internal audits, accountability for month end closing and consolidation activities, reviewing balance sheet planning, cash flow analysis and oversight of other key financial statement items. This role will be a key resource on technical accounting issues and corporate finance policy guidelines and will be a key member of the Canadian Leadership team. The role requires someone bilingual who is comfortable with 1-2 days travel every month to Quebec.
- CPA and a post-secondary degree specializing in accounting
- 10+ years of experience working in a large, matrixed organization
- Demonstrated people leadership and organization skills
- Analytical thinker who excels in a deadline oriented environment
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Can multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required