Are you a passionate self-starter with progressive experience in financial accounting, reporting and analysis? Are you looking to make an impact and enjoy long-term development and growth? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
My client is hiring a Finance Manager to their dynamic team. Reporting to the Head of Finance for the business, this individual will:
- Oversee general accounting activities with strong connectivity to all elements of financial operations
- Play a leadership role in broad business reporting and analytical activities.
- Manage the payroll process
- Ensure that financial statements are in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare financial reports for senior management; Ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Design and create business unit financial reports and complete large analytical projects as needed using complex spreadsheets and specialized software packages
- Collect, analyze and interpret complex financial and statistical data
- Participate, manage, and assist local RBU integration within the corporate database
- Maintain records and oversee CRA tax filings with an outside CPA firm
- Assist with the annual budgeting process
- Maintain current and accurate records of expenditures and perform variance analysis with root cause analysis
- Assist departmental leaders with financial reporting functions, planning and budget process
- Assist with answering questions and providing in-depth analysis as needed
- Research, gather and evaluate data for analysis through advanced excel functions
- Acts as mentor by coaching and motivating teams and individuals; fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust among members of the group as it grows and develops.
- CPA designation along with 3+ years of progressive experience in corporate finance setting, or public accounting firm
- Experience with a large ERP system, such as SAP, MS Dynamics, or Great Plains
- Excellent verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Exceptional ability to deconstruct and analyze information relevant to business processes and financial analysis
- Demonstrated leadership with an evolved level of emotional intelligence; proven ability to partner