Are you ‘Donkey from Shrek? Pick me! Pick me! Do you wish someone would give you the chance to show what you are capable of? “I’m smart, driven & SO eager to learn. I will work SO hard to impress senior Shrek-types in exchange for the opportunity to work with a world-class company and be mentored by some of the best” Does this sound like your dream career? We may be able to help you become the newest member of this FP&A team.
Our client is one of those rare large, publicly traded, global companies with a head office in Downtown Vancouver. If you can get their name on your resume it will be recognized around the world and set you up for success. In addition, this non-hierarchical organization will have you working with everyone. Don’t be surprised if the CFO pulls up a chair to discuss what you are working on.
With beautiful offices easily accessible by every form of transit, our client is highly motivated to add to their team to help facilitate their growth. Ideally you are a new CPA and/or CFA, (or working on it). Our client will happily consider other forms of education if you are coming from several years of experience in an FP&A team. Do you have to be an Accountant? No! If you are highly analytical and enjoy financial analysis, working with large quantities of data, budgeting and modelling then you will enjoy this role and be successful.
- A university degree from a recognized institution.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in financial analysis, ideally in an FP&A team environment in a publicly traded company
- More than comfortable using Excel for financial modelling
- Comfortable dealing with vast amounts of complex data, SQL highly desirable
- A CPA, CFA, MBA or other education is a big plus
- A self-starter who is thrives on change and ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working with both numbers and people!
- A driving desire to learn and excel in your career