The Mason Group is privileged to have been asked to assist our client with filling a contract role that may be of interest to those of you with in-depth experience in the financial services sector.
Working directly with the Director, Accounting, the scope of this contract is to facilitate a review of the chart of accounts with the objective of defining and planning the implementation of a modified Chart of Accounts to enhance current and anticipated reporting and processing requirements. This will include a review of the current requirements for internal management, statutory, regulatory and client reporting as well as identification of areas to be simplified and efficiencies that can be created. You will then work on assessing the impact of the changes, prioritize them, develop a recommended Chart of Accounts structure, and construct a plan for implementation.
You are ‘the meat in the sandwich’ understanding both the complex technical accounting for financial investments as well as the requirements of an IT Group in implementing a new chart of accounts and/or system implementation. You are confident you have the required experience to lead this project in an orderly and expedient manner, and are passionate about the delivery of excellence in all that you do.
• You are a Designated Accountant (CPA/ CGA,CMA,CA) with extensive experience (15+years) in the financial services sector in an accounting or finance function
• A strong preference will be shown for individuals with in-depth knowledge of Investment Management
• Direct experience designing and implementing new or replacement GL systems in a Tier 1 ERP environment
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work independently and manage priorities