Are you a bright CPA, CA with strong technical accounting skills, looking to join a global company, where you can enjoy learning and career development? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Main responsibilities include:
- Assist in the consolidation of financial results, including detailed analysis of stock-based compensation, share repurchases, EPS, IFRS 15 & 16, impairment testing of goodwill and intangibles, operating segment accounting, reviewing complex transactions, and analyzing acquisitions (including opening balance sheet adjustments)
- Be the subject matter expert on IFRS; research IFRS accounting standards, prepare memos, understand the impact of new standards.
- Update/draft accounting policies and checklists; respond to queries on compliance. Work closely with sites /cross-functional teams. Develop training for sites and share best practices
- Prepare quarterly reports to management and board of directors
- Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated and statutory FS with note disclosures, and other public company filings, including MD&A, 20F, and proxy
- Key contact with auditors, assist with resolution of issues during quarterly reviews and annual audit, SOX & audit planning and fees
- Continuous improvement projects and various other ad hoc projects
- CA with minimum of 4+ years experience (including industry) and a University degree in a related field
- Experience dealing with large multi-national public companies in Canada or the US
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS standards and ability to do research
- Knowledge and experience with IFRS 15, IFRS 16, share-based compensation, foreign currency, financial instruments, impairment testing, business combinations, segmented reporting, goodwill/ intangibles, cash flow statements, interim FS, EPS, non-IFRS/GAAP measures, etc.
- Previous experience with preparation or review of other public company documents including FS, MD&A, 20F/10K or proxy, or debt/equity offerings
- Strong IT and computer skills, advanced Excel including macros, consolidations experience in Khalix/Hyperion or SAP, use of Wdesk, Reval treasury system, and Solium
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with various levels of staff/ departments
- Quick learner, hands-on/detail oriented, deliver high quality, accurate work
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to manage monthly process to meet tight deadlines and multi-task; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsive to change and process improvements
- Challenge and learning in a highly complex and technical role
- Opportunity to work for a well-known global company
How to apply
To express your interest in this role, you can apply by clicking the "apply now" button located at the top and at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Patrick Filice and quoting job 25073. If you are already registered with The Mason Group, please contact your recruiting consultant directly.APPLY NOW