This Payroll Manager position is more than meets the eye! In this newly created role, you’ll have the opportunity to transform the established and sometimes manual procedures into streamlined, automated and efficient processes. If you thrive in an environment where you get to take charge and put your stamp on one of the most important departments of a company, we want to hear from you!
On behalf of our large, industry leading client in Surrey, we are excited to be on the hunt for a Payroll professional to join their organization. This is a new position in an established company that’ll give the right candidate the freedom to be a leader, mentor and change agent.
Reporting directly to the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing payroll for Western Canada, which includes both unionized and non-union payrolls, hourly, salary & commissions, etc. You are leading a small team of Payroll Administrators who will handle the day to day, but you will occasionally need to get into the details to help your team out. You will have a strong understanding of accounting so that you can assist with month end and supply relevant reporting to senior management.
Now the exciting part of the role…you will be the one to identify areas of improvement and create a variety of payroll initiatives to make things better. Whether that’s figuring out how to use more of the payroll systems existing modules or uploading data into the system instead of it being done by data entry! This role offers tremendous growth potential for the right person.
- You are a PCP or CPM, or are well on your way
- 5+ years of progressive payroll experience, a HUGE asset when combined with accounting roles
- 2+ years of management experience
- Must love finding new ways to improve processes and use systems to their full potential
- Experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required as well as the ability to present results and suggestions effectively
- You are diplomatic and customer service oriented and able to deal effectively with a variety of personalities, goals and agendas