Are you looking for an opportunity with an established private company in the real estate sector?
If so our client will want to speak with you about a Property Accountant role. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting for a specific portfolio of US assets. Responsibilities include general ledger accounting, preparing financial statements, reviewing financial statement results, preparing analysis on an individual and/or consolidated portfolio basis, ensuring regulatory compliance and providing accounting support to the operations group.
- University degree.
- Completion of or working towards a CPA designation.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Property Accounting in Office or Retail sectors.
- Proven financial analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively and professionally under pressure or in stressful situations.
- Independent, self-starter, and also works well in a team-based environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge and experience related to technology and accounting systems in a real estate environment (JD Edwards preferred).