Are you a passionate self-starter with progressive experience in financial accounting, reporting and analysis? Are you looking to make an impact and enjoy long-term development and growth? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
My client is hiring a Senior Accountant to their dynamic team. This individual will oversee general accounting activities with strong connectivity to all elements of financial operations, and play a leadership role in broad business reporting and analytical activities. The role is hands-on and ensures that all reporting is accurate and processes are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and corporate procedures.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for:
- Ensuring the efficient and effective working of all financial transactions, acting as a technical accounting and financial analysis expert
- Reporting the financial performance of multiple entities on a consolidated basis, providing insights into drivers, risks and opportunities
- Playing a leadership role in the monthly close process
- Having ownership of inventory accounting
- Preparing monthly reconciliations for various general ledger accounts
- Reporting and analyzing monthly departmental spending, and partnering with budget owners in assessing and effectively managing costs
- Preparing various reports to assist with business communication and decision making
- Generating and compiling financial information from multiple data sources using various business intelligence tools and information management systems to drive awareness of business performance drivers and enhance business reporting
- Ensuring financial data integrity within information management systems, and partnering with IT for requirements and testing related to financial systems
- CPA designation (or pursuing, along with undergraduate degree in Accounting or Business
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or other ERP system
- Excellent verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Exceptional ability to deconstruct and analyze information relevant to business processes and financial analysis
- Demonstrated leadership with an evolved level of emotional intelligence; proven ability to partner
- Analytical and critical thinking with strong attention to detail
- Learning and career development that comes with a newly created and evolving role.
- Opportunity to work for a global leader in the commercial real estate industry.