With less than half the rain of Vancouver, and an average winter low temperature of +3 c degrees (ok, maybe not this week), why wouldn’t you want to consider an amazing new career opportunity in our capital city.
We are flattered our well established, stable and growing Victoria based client with global operations has provided us with an exclusive opportunity to fill their newly created Senior Manager Financial Reporting role.
Reporting to the senior leadership of the Accounting & Finance team, they will be counting on your experience in a similar role for a publicly traded company to take the lead on the external financial reporting for their company. As the in-house expert in IFRS and public company disclosures you will be the go-to who is excited to own this responsibility. In addition, you will have the opportunity to expand the management reporting package with meaningful KPI’s, be involved in the annual and long-range budgeting and planning process, and a variety of special projects. You pride yourself on being someone who can easily translate technical accounting jargon into everyday conversation, and get jazzed about developing relationships with all levels of people both internally and externally.
You may be in the earlier part of your career looking for the next growth stage in your career, or more experienced looking for a less hectic lifestyle in a smaller city, but either way you should probably be a foodie (2nd highest number of restaurants per capita in North America next to San Francisco) and it probably doesn’t hurt if you like tea & crumpets (or maybe pubs).
- A Canadian CPA (CA, CGA, CMA).
- 3+ years of recent responsibility for the external financial reporting for a publicly traded company.
- Solid understanding of IFRS including note disclosures.
- Detail oriented (yes, really!)
- Advanced level financial modelling skills using Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy working with both numbers and people!
- A driving desire to find a great long term fit and become part of this team.
- Happy, humble, hard-working, helpful, high-caliber, humorous and above all, human!