Are you a senior level finance professional with a background in internal audit?
Our client, a growing international organization is currently recruiting a VP, Internal Audit. Reporting to both the Audit Committee Chair and the CFO, the successful candidate will oversee a small team and will be responsible for designing, preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on and make suggestions for improving the company’s operations, finance activities and internal controls. Additionally, this role includes building out a loss prevention capability and ERM in conjunction with other cross functional teams. With prior experience in publicly traded companies, the right candidate will be held accountable for:
- Developing methodologies and test plans for the audit of compliance with internal control policies.
- Designing solid audit plans as well as ensuring modifications are made as business processes and procedures change in the financial operating environment.
- Overseeing and conducting an annual internal audit plan.
- Providing recommendations for strengthening internal controls.
- Review and implementation of new internal controls as necessary.
- Co-ordination and liaising with external auditors;
- Remain current with all significant trends in internal controls and finance processes.
- Overseeing Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Program.
- Overseeing Company’s Loss Prevention Plan
- Ensuring the Company understands and is in compliance with SOX and NI 52-109
- Monitoring compliance and reviewing ongoing effectiveness of Company’s Risk Management Policy.
- Ongoing monitoring and assessment of risks including reviewing business models and contracts for risk issues on an ongoing basis.
- University degree in Business/Accounting/ Finance
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and Certified Internal Audit (CIA) designations required
- 10+ years of progressive risk/audit industry experience in publicly traded companies.
- Track record as a leader in internal audit and corporate risk management