Are you currently a senior tax professional in a Director or VP role? Do you lead people and have experience in both M&A as well as Compliance?
The opportunity for the VP Tax (reporting to head of Tax) is to lead tax teams in 2 cities and establish the vision for the group. The role works closely with senior leadership of the organization and will be involved in both Canadian and US tax related issues.
Provide experienced leadership in Tax Planning, Deals, Audit challenges and Regulatory tax issues (CRA) with Global Indirect Tax oversight
Motivate, guide and develop the existing team of tax professionals in Toronto and the US who are responsible for compliance, tax planning and deal support.
Assess human capital needs and hire additional tax professionals to provide critical support to the organizational growth vision (organic and joint ventures).
Assess processes, systems and technology currently in place and lead continuous improvements.
Build up bench strength on the teams to reduce reliance on contractors currently in place.
Identify and propose solutions to US/Canada cross border tax issues in all areas including movement of cash.
Interact with all key stakeholders internal and external to ensure tax issues are identified proactively.
- 15+ years of progressive complex Canadian corporate multinational income tax experience (compliance and advisory) in a leadership capacity.
- Public Accounting (Big 4) and/or corporate experience strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Tax Attorney or Chartered Accountant required
- Public Company Tax exposure, and US tax knowledge are all assets.
- US GAAP experience strongly preferred